The mission of Unbreakable Marriage Ministries (UMM) is to teach, mentor, train, develop and equip couples in biblical principles that will help them establish knowledge, skills and abilities that will help them maintain healthy marriages through God’s original plan. We aim to assist couples in every stage of relational development to create a radiant marriage that thrives on commitment, intimacy and spiritual maturity. UMM is committed to teaching the members of the body of Christ, and our respective communities by promoting and supporting the covenant of marriage. UMM strives to help couples grow closer to Christ, to each other and to live out loud their covenant to show the world marriages that live for the Glory of God.
We are committed to:
- Directing people to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Adhering to the Bible, God’s Word as the primary basis of all we do and teach
- Prayer, and seeking to be empowered and led by the Holy Spirit
- Demonstrating excellence that honors God and a servant spirit toward the people to whom we minister
- Serving the local church as it equips individuals and families to have godly homes
- Caring for and discipling each individual’s unique giftedness through the Holy Spirit, encouraging them to utilize their gifts and abilities for the kingdom of God
- Maintaining the highest level of integrity and accountability in the application of financial resources
- Living in our private lives – a strong personal commitment to Jesus Christ and the fulfillment of the Great Commandment and the Great Commission
- Partnering with local churches to effectively build strong marriages & families in Christ
Our vision is to produce a culture of God filled Christ-centered married couples, who will partner together for dominion and take authority over every situation and circumstance that may negatively impact their covenant. We see couples being transformed by God’s Spirit, love and truth, strengthened in their faith; growing closer to God and each other in their marriages and families. We envision homes where couples whose marriages have been healed, strengthened and transformed, reaching out and help other couples experience likewise.
What We Believe
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
- Our convictions about the nature of marriage are governed by the same biblical authority that informs all our teachings and ministry.
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to compliment each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9.
- We believe that God ordained marriage as a voluntary union for life between one man and one woman. Our creation as man and woman, who are complementary to one another, has significance in revealing aspects of the image of God and His relationship to humanity. The permanence of the marital bond mirrors God’s faithfulness, just as its monogamy reflects God’s singular devotion to his people and his people’s singular devotion to him.
- We believe that marriage is more than a contract between two persons: It is a covenant before God — God is committed to every marriage between a man and a woman. In the covenant of marriage, God joins a man and a woman together “in one flesh” and forbids anyone to break it. This covenant is unique, among human relationships, to marriage. God intends the married couple to recognize and celebrate His call to an irrevocable choice to love, to cherish and remain faithful which transcends the quid pro quo of contracts. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 10:9
- We believe God’s principle reasons for giving marriage to His church are:
1. To partner together for dominion. Genesis 1:27-28; 2:15-24
2. To produce godly offspring. Malachi 2:15
3. To portray Christ’s relationship with his church – a blood covenant. Ephesians 5:22-32
4. To grow and mature you spiritually. Colossians 1:9-10
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church. 1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.
We all know that God has a plan for our lives. Our desire is to reach more and more couples with the message of the Gospel of the Covenant of Grace.